Mayor Mike Savage of Halifax tying Rakhi Sisters Mani and Judy
His light and respectful nature made for a sweet visit.
Thank you to Mayor Savage for supporting Peace Halifax and being present at the Grand Finale!
Situations in our world, our community, and even our own homes, can leave us feeling
out of sorts. But three simple words can remind us of the power within each of us
to hit the reset button—whenever we choose.
#IAMPEACE. Join us at Peace Halifax, a festival of ideas, music and fun
set in an historic, beautiful space. Come experience the peace that’s inside of each one of us.
#IAMPEACE. Come enjoy a pause, an experience of reflection and rejuvenation, at Peace Halifax, a day-long festival offered as a gift to the people of Halifax. Hosted by the Brahma Kumaris Meditation Centre, Peace Halifax is about rediscovering the magic and practical expression of peace…and taking it home with you.
SAVE THE DATE NOW!
Saturday September 23, 2017 • 10:00am – 5:00pm
Pier 21, Kenneth C. Rowe Hall
Peace Halifax is open to everyone and all events are completely free of charge
WHAT WILL YOU FIND AT PEACE HALIFAX?
- Speakers: Offered every hour and open to all
- Find Inner Peace: Learn to Meditate in 20 minutes, or try a free Hatha Yoga clas
- Self Reflection: Stop and take a breath with the Emergency Optimist, or discover your inner destiny in a Virtuescope
- Family-Friendly Activities: Face painting, the teddy bear picnic, kids’ yoga and more
- Hourly ‘Pocket Raves’: For those who love to sing and dance
- FeelGood ArtSpace: Peace Sticks, Zen Garden and other meditative art projects
- Peace-to-Go: Books and other resources to bring a practice of peace home with you
- Grand Finale: A stunning and unforgettable wrap-up experience
The event begins at 10am and runs until 5pm with the Grand Finale starting at 4. For more information visit http://halifax.brahmakumaris.ca/peaceahalifax. All Brahma Kumaris programs are offered free of charge.